We have recently returned from the funeral for our father/grandfather, Floyd Orson Shipley. After listening to the many comments from his sons, I think we will all agree that Grandpa was full of life and left a lasting impression on his descendants. Even though we've all heard outrageous stories of how great an athlete he was, he really was very talented. He was a great fisherman, basketball and baseball player, coach, hunter, dancer, and basically an outdoorsman.
As I looked around, I realized that Grandpa and Grandma Shipley left a great legacy. I believe that they have every reason to be proud of each of their descendants. We really do have a remarkable family!
Saturday, March 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
As I look back on Grandpa's life, I realize that he was almost always happy. I best remember him laughing while telling a story. It is true that some of the stories weren't always based on true facts, but he sure had a fun time telling them. Because of his fun nature and the way he told them, I usually found myself laughing along with him. I appreciated his happy attitude.
Post a Comment